Considering buying a property to let in Carlisle?
Click through on the images below to browse some properties currently on the market which we feel could bring you a good rental return. Remember to always do a viewing though, and read the legal pack!
24 Trafalgar Street, Carlisle CA2 5XY
Guide price: £50 000-£60 000
for sale by auction 12:00 6th June 2019
Why do we think that this property could be a great buy-to-let investment?
- It’s in Dentonholme, and we get lots of inquiries from people wanting to live in Dentonholme: handy parade of shops, easy reach of the city centre- very popular area.
- It’s got two reception rooms- therefore more flexibility: one could be turned into another bedroom if required, or an office, or a dining room….lots more possibilities than the single reception room set-up
- It’s got a great bathroom with a white suite and lovely tiles- and everyone loves a fancy bathroom!
- The decoration is in very good condition- so no need to shell out lots of money on paint, flooring and wallpaper- also you could get prospective tenants viewing the property quickly as you are not going to need time to make it presentable. Less vacant time when the property isn’t making you any money.
23 Deer Park Road, Carlisle CA3 9RW
Guide Price £50, 000-£60, 000
For sale by auction 12:00 6th June 2019
Why do we think that this property could be a good buy-to-let investment?
Well, this house needs some love before it’s going to be a good rental property, so you will need to budget carefully to ensure that you don’t overspend here. However, clever budgeting could mean that you can add value to this property: but do your sums carefully to calculate your possible rental yield before you start splashing out any cash.
We would advise you to invite us to view this property with you before considering bidding for it at auction. Complete our contact form to arrange an appointment, or telephone us: 01228 674645/ 07809703278
However, there are definitely some points in its favour as a buy-to-let investment:
- It’s in the north of Carlisle: we often get inquiries from people seeking houses to let in the north of Carlisle, and there aren’t that many
- Easy access to the M6
- Close to Kingmoor Business Park
- Great schools: close to Kingmoor Primary School
- It has a garden: good selling point for families
- It has a cloakroom as well as a bathroom: also great for families
- It has a utility room : everyone likes a utility room!
- It has three bedrooms- one of which could possibly be converted into a bigger upstairs bathroom, which could mean that the downstairs bathroom could be converted into a great kitchen extension/ dining room
Let us know if you would like us to visit any property you are considering as a buy-to-let investment. We don’t charge any fee for coming out to advise you.
Call Louis today: 01228 674645 or 07809703278