If you still have questions after reading this section, then just contact us!
- When will I receive my rent, and will I get a statement?
- You will receive your rent and your statement either the day your tenant moves into your property or the following day. All fees will be kept back from the rental payment, and you will see them on your statement.
- What are your fees for letting out a property?
- Please see the Landlords section of our site, where our fees are explained, and remember that no VAT is charged on top of our fees.
- What if there is a dispute about the deposit at the end of the tenancy?
- If you have chosen the letting and management option, then we will deal with any disputes, including obtaining quotes for any remedial work and liaising between the tenants and the Deposit Protection Service.
- Will you carry out inspection visits during the tenancy?
- If you have chosen our Managementhttps://homecominglettingagency.co.uk/landlords/ option, then we carry out inspections every three months and report any problems or issues back to you.
- Do you arrange an inventory?
- If you request an inventory we will compile one: this will contain a description of the condition of everything within the property, including carpets and any white goods or furnishings. The inventory will be accompanied by a series of photographs. This is a popular service, as a thorough inventory is extremely important should a dispute arise at the end of the tenancy. The tenants will sign the document to say that they agree that it is a fair representation. The charge for this service is £50:00.
- Is the cost of a gas safety certificate included in your lettings fees?
- No, but we have trusted, Gas Safe engineers who we can arrange to carry out this check for you.
Hopefully you will find the answers to any questions you may have in this section, but feel free to contact us by telephone, or just complete our Contact Form.
- What referencing do you require?
- You will need to provide three years’ employment and three years’ residential history as well as being credit checked. If you do not meet our criteria, then a guarantor may be required.
- Do we all need to be referenced?
- All tenants moving in will need to be fully referenced.
- How much deposit will I need to pay?
- A minimum of one month’s rent.
- What fees do you charge?
- Please see our Tenants pages.
- Who holds the deposit and when do we get it back?
- Your deposit will be lodged with the Deposit Protection Service- for further details about this scheme, please see our Deposit Protection Page on this website.Deposits are generally returned within a month of the moving out date, but this can be significantly shorter or longer if there is a dispute to resolve.
- Will the landlord accept pets?
- This is a matter which you will need to discuss with us right from the beginning, as some landlords are happy to accept well-behaved pets, but some are not.
- How do we put an offer forward on a property we like?
- We will guide you through this process. This will require fully understanding your requirements and your position so that we can clearly forward this to the landlord. An application fee will need to be paid at this point to secure the property.